Phoenix Beach, LLC © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
© Phoenix Beach, LLC
Training for Business Professionals
Many Excel® users have received little or no formal training to help them use the ubiquitous productivity application. This session can help users that wish to improve their Excel skills to increase their productivity. The material starts by covering basic topics such time saving tips and keyboard shortcuts and then moves to more advanced areas like conditional formatting and complex formula building. Users that find themselves looking at the spreadsheets that others design and wishing they could do as much with Excel will benefit greatly by taking this course.
Once participants have completed this session they should be able to:
- Understand the many keyboard shortcuts that are available to save time and effort
- Use Excel Templates, Styles, and Themes to add uniformity to Excel workbooks they design or edit
- Design custom number and date formats to meet their specific needs
- Add security to the workbooks they use. This includes workbook encryption, and the use of sheet level, range level and cell
level security features
- Understand formula building conventions such as order of operation
- Troubleshoot formulas that are not working properly
- Work with functions in the function library to create powerful formulas
This session is taught using a Hands-On methodology. We provide practice files that tie to the examples in the course materials so participants can undertake all the steps in unison with the instructor for a greatly improved learning experience. The Excel topics discussed in this session include
- Excel shortcuts and time savers
- Working with templates, formats, styles, and themes
- Customizing and enhancing excel
- Protecting and securing workbooks
- Formula building and the excel function library
All practice and demonstration files are available for download for a period of 30 days after the session is taught
Who Should Attend?
Accounting and other business professionals that have an understanding of Excel but want to become more proficient as they design and edit workbooks of all types.
Area of Study:
An understanding of Excel conventions
Group Internet Based