Phoenix Beach, LLC © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
© Phoenix Beach, LLC
Training for Business Professionals
Who Should Attend?
Accounting and other
business professionals that
would benefit by knowing
more about internal control
Area of Study:
Group Internet Based
Internal Control Creation and Design Concepts
The steps used to build controls are often very unofficial in nature. Successful control creators generally operate by establishing a measure creation process. They also have an understanding what is behind the need to create and change internal controls. This session looks at concepts that underlie the development of an internal control creation process. It also reviews the forces that drive the need for new or updated measures and spends time focused on the high rate of change that is affecting businesses and therefore internal control maintenance processes.
Once participants have completed this session they should be able to:
- List steps that should be included as new measures are created or existing one are updated.
- Define the reasons the drive internal control change.
- Explain of the rapid rate of change, including the growing dependence on technology is a factor as controls systems are
This session is taught via the use of case studies adapted from real world examples. These studies are designed to show participants the importance of a complete system of internal control. The topics discussed in this session include:
- Developing a control measure creation process
- Organizational controls
- Addressing the growing risk related to business technology