Phoenix Beach, LLC © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
© Phoenix Beach, LLC
Training for Business Professionals
Many organizations are successful as they create a system of internal controls, however some fail to properly implement the measures that are established. Moreover, entities regularly neglect the important process of testing, monitoring and updating control procedures, which weakens the entire internal control structure. This session provides an overview of control creation methods and discusses ways to successfully implement policies and procedures. Additionally, it includes an array of control maintenance checklists that participants can take and adapt to their organization as they work to improve policies and procedures. Finally, it provides an understanding of the need for dynamic, fluid controls that adapt to changes in business tools and methods. Participants that take this course will have a strengthened ability to implement and maintain an internal control system.
Once participants have completed this session they should be able to:
- Understand the steps needed to implement a developed system of internal controls
- Build control measure schedules that function weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly, and that are designed to test and
monitor the internal control structure of an organization
- Show knowledge related to testing control measures to make sure they are working properly
- Understand the need to update existing controls to keep them viable as business operations change
- List methods that can be used to communicate policy and procedure changes to those that are affected by these changes
This session is taught via the use of case studies adapted from real world examples. These examples help establish the importance of properly implementing and maintaining internal control measures. The topics discussed in this session include:
- Considerations for the maintenance of an internal control system
- The types of policies and procedures organizations should utilize
- Reviewing and testing control measures
- Updating controls and implementing control changes
Who Should Attend?
Accounting and other business professionals that would like to have an understanding of internal control implementation and testing procedures.
Area of Study:
A basic understanding of Internal Control concepts
Group Internet Based
Implementing and Maintaining an Internal Control System