Phoenix Beach, LLC © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
© Phoenix Beach, LLC
Training for Business Professionals
Who Should Attend?
Accounting and other business professionals that work in Excel to analyze and report upon data who want to utilize the power of PivotTables.
Area of Study:
An understanding of Excel conventions
Working with Excel® PivotTables – Powerful and Not Hard to Use…Really!
Excel® users that regularly manipulate, analyze, or present data can improve their productivity substantially by utilizing PivotTables. Many users avoid PivotTables even though they know how powerful they are because they believe PivotTables are confusing to work with and hard to use. Additionally, many people know that they provide benefit but do not realize the depth of capabilities that the PivotTable reporting feature possesses. This session shows users that with a basic understanding of PivotTable conventions, the intimidation factor disappears. Additionally, it details the robust feature set built into PivotTables. This course also spends time providing information about Excel Tables, which are helpful as a stand-alone feature, but also can be used to enhance PivotTable use.
Once participants have completed this session they should be able to:
- Understand the underlying concepts and conventions that drive PivotTable operation
- List four important components used when creating and working with PivotTables
- Understand the benefits of using Excel Tables, not only with PivotTables but as stand-alone objects
- Explain ways to improve data presentation in PivotTables with:
- Automatic and custom groups
- PivotTable options
- The Design tab of the PivotTable tools ribbon add-In
- Formatting, sorting and filtering features in Excel
- Understand calculations in PivotTables including Calculated Field and Calculated Items
- Create and modify PivotCharts
This session is taught using a Hands-On methodology. We provide practice files that tie to the examples in the course materials so participants can undertake all the steps in unison with the instructor for a greatly improved learning experience. The Excel topics discussed in this session include
- The power of Excel tables
- Introducing PivotTables
- Connecting PivotTables to data
- PivotTable options and calculations
- Analyzing data with PivotTables
- Presenting and reporting data with PivotTables
All practice and demonstration files are available for download for a period of 30 days after the session is taught